My net is still super slow too but here goes. Also I never know what to write in these things, hence the title "twice shy".
My 7 songs of Winter:
The rules are as follows:
- List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your Summer (or Winter as it is for me)
- Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs.
- Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.
1: Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire. My new favourite song. I love the cheesy saxophone and the film clip which I've blogged about before is directed by Nagi Noda and its so cool. Cut Copy are 1 of the first bands I went to see live, hence my love of them.
2: Catcall - August. I love this song but it can get a bit repetitive. The singer is from a friend of mines old band called Kiosk which was also a good band.
3: Boney M - Rasputin. This is my happy feeling silly song. I love listening to it when doing my housework or homework.
4: Yothu Yindi - Djapana. Great Aussie Aboriginal band from the late 80's early 90's. In primary school this was my all time favourite song and I still love it.
5: Chimidoro - Baby. This is a Japanese band that I saw live a few times with the Spank girls. They aren't exactly "cool" but I like that about them. I bought their cd and listen to it all the time.
6: Madonna - Hung Up. I am a huge Madonna fan (the reason I moved to Tokyo when I did was so I could attend the Madonna concert) however I'm not too impressed with her new album. Nothing could top Hung Up for me (I actually sang Hung Up on Hong Kong TV, omg so embarrassing I forgot all about this. I was interviewed out the front of the Madonna concert in Tokyo and they said I was dressed like her (I think it was maybe just because I was the only foreigner) and then they made me sing the whole song, I wonder if it ever aired, I'm not exactly the best singer).
7: I can't think of anything else I'm listening to right now. This was hard for me because I don't have an ipod and I don't download much music. I like music but I just listen to whatever Henry is playing. My favourite music is electro-pop/indie electro/techno-dance-y stuff. If its a tacky 1 hit wonder chances are I will love it. I love the music they play in the clubs in Tokyo, but here in Melbourne its all about indie rock which I find so dull, hence I don't go out till after 1am when the dj's start, but now thanks to the new 2am lockout in Melbourne I can't really do that anymore. (For those who don't know the lockout means in Melbourne right now if you go out to a club after 2am you have to stay in that club or go home, you can't enter a new club. It really sucks as Melbourne is a great place to bar hop. The reason for this is a few idiots cause fights, but it seems to me that there are more fights now because people are angry that they can't get into clubs so fights break out at taxi ranks and outside of clubs with bouncers. Stupid government)
6 unimportant things about me:
The rules are as follows:
- Link back to the person that tagged you.
- Post these rules on your blog.
- Share six unimportant things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your entry.
6 unimportant things about me.
- I have already experienced my "15 minutes of fame" already. I was on A current affair in 2006, which is an Australian Current affairs TV news show. What happened was I put an ad on ebay in response to "the 4 Sydney blokes" who were selling a weekend with them having a BBQ and drinking beer, all very Aussie and blokey. My ad was for a weekend with me going to art galleries and hip bars and cafes. The day after I put the ad up on ebay (as a joke mind you) my mum called me up and said my photo was in the Herald Sun (a major newspaper) which was surreal. Then later that day ACA contacted me and came to my house to interview me. For the next few weeks I would get recognised on the street and out at bars. It was crazy. I would get emails from people when I got back from the cinema asking if I liked the movie because they had sat next to me. Talk about freaky. 6 months later there was an editorial piece about me in a major Sydney newspaper which used quotes from an online Melbourne music message board I post on which tried to make out that I was a vapid fame whore no better than Paris Hilton. So people I was the first Corey Worthington, albeit on a smaller scale (I didn't get to go on Big Brother) Totally crazy time in my life. I have a video tape of the ACA interview but have no idea how to put it on youtube, maybe one day I'll work it out so you can see.
- I have always lived in and around the city, never in the suburbs (except at my Nana's house on holidays) so I'm a true blue city girl. This is kinda rare maybe in Melbourne because people ask me where are you from and don't believe me when I say the city.
- I have 1 foot bigger than the other which makes buying shoes really difficult.
- I used to have obsessive compulsive disorder about the number 3. Basically everything I did had to be done in three's or multiple or factors of the number 3. I had to brush my teeth 3 times, turn the lights on and off 3 times, walk in 1 cement block of footpath in 3 steps. If I accidentally did more than 3 steps or what ever it was I was doing I had to then do 6, or 9, or 12 etc... I also had to touch my forehead 3 times if I thought a bad thought, but if I touched some hair I would have to start again. This started when I was about 13 and ended when I was 16. Was I crazy or what?
- I was voted best dressed in my final year of high school.
- I saw Fabio in Shinjuku, Tokyo just walking around. I swear he winked at me. Henry does not believe that I saw him though.
I am going to tag 7 people not 13, that's just crazy. As my internet is slow I'm not sure if these people have been tagged or not because I can't check, so if you have don't worry about doing it. I also can't tell them about it but hopefully they will find out by reading this. I hate having this stupid slow internet.
I'm going to tag all Aussie Bloggers. Yay for Australia. You can choose which meme to do, or do both. Also you don't have to do any. It's up to you.
A cup of Tea
In Private Collection
Thanks for tagging me Super Kawaii Mama and The Kitten, it was fun.