The pluses of staying at VU are
- Finish in 1.5 years
- Free trip to Korea for 6 months
- Free money (scholarships galore)
The negatives of staying at VU
- I hate it
- I only did it to get a Visa to Japan but after I am finished in Japan the degree is useless here in Australia
- It is in Footscray (can be a plus too because of Savers) and St Albans which is hell to get to
- I feel that this Uni stifles my creativity with restrictions on all of our assignments, and I have said so to the head of department (The information for this course is all lies by the way, it is nothing like the brochure, it is definatly not a creativity course at all)
- I don't feel I am learning anything, our essays are nothing more than 500 word comprehension exercises so I can't be bothered doing them, you don't go to Uni to do things you did in year 8 at highschool
- My art class is with education students who know nothing about art and make collages about anorexia, ahhhhhhh I miss art school
Ok so obviously I hate my current Uni, lol. It's just I went to the "best" art school in Australia and now I am at the worst Uni in Australia and it just feels like I have gone backwards. I only did it because I thought it would be easy (true) and that I could get back to Japan ASAP (true) but now I am starting to worry about life after Japan, what will I do then?
Pluses about changing to the Fashion course
- Can get me a job in the industry in Australia or in Japan or the world
- Doing something that I love and am passionate about
- It is in the city 1 block from my place
- No longer need to pay full fees you can now get HECS (government assistance for tuition fees)
- May be able to get 1 year taken off for prior studies so can finish in 2 years
- Project Runway is set at the Uni (lol, I may run into Henry Roth!!!)
Negatives about changing to the Fashion course
- Not able to go to Korea and Tokyo next year
- Not able to move to Tokyo in 2010, have to wait till 2011
Ok I think I know what I have to do, goodbye VU hello Whitehouse Institute of Design.
I spoke to the admissions office today and it looks very likely that I can get in with my experience....Ahhhhh crazy town I hope this works out but I will still go to Uni tomorrow and keep organising the Korea trip until I know for sure I guess.
What do you guys think? I am so confused, what have I been doing this year? Was it all pointless? I am going to be so old when I am finished with Uni. Will my friends in Tokyo remember me in 3 years time?
Oh and by the way has anyone else noticed the new blogger application "Follow this blog"? I added it to my blog, are you going to add it to yours?